Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hurry up and spit it out!

I was reading copy for a magazine story and felt myself getting really annoyed. Working in the Web world for the last 12 months has made me an impatient reader. When I pick up my night-stand novel before bedtime, I am happy to relax and enjoy the slower pace of Bleak House. In my day life, however, there is a definite aggravation factor involved in reading the longer piece. I read and read (two whole paragraphs) and still did not discover the point of the article. Why is the writer doing this to me? It felt like the author was disrespecting my time. This is not a good thing when I put on my print-publication editor persona. To resolve, I think I'll need to put the alumni magazine printout on my nightstand and read before bed!

No comments: